We're looking for an enthusiastic and energetic Outreach and Engagement Coordinator to help Land Stewardship Centre and its partners – the Beaver Hills Biosphere and EcoServices Network – stay connected to the people and organizations we work with and the communities we serve.
As Outreach and Engagement Coordinator, you will engage with our audiences through social media and at events, raising awareness of programs and initiatives, encouraging people to take action and enabling us to build meaningful long-term relationships.
Your efforts will elevate the profiles of and build a solid understanding of the Land Stewardship Centre, Beaver Hills Biosphere and EcoServices Network organizations and their respective activities among diverse audiences. Your efforts will also help gather information about the work partners are doing that support our organizations’ respective goals.
The person we are seeking is a dynamic and energetic individual with a proven ability to network and build relationships.
This is a full-time position (35 hours per week) that will require some local travel (metro-Edmonton region, other locales within Alberta) and potentially some work on evenings/weekends. It is important that you are self-motivated and can meet deadlines while being responsive and connected with the Executive Director, communications lead and other team members using project management and team tools.
- Create engaging social content (original text, images, videos or graphics) and distribute across multiple social networks
- Monitor engagement, measure and report on social media performance
- Maintain a calendar of suitable outreach activities, including community events, workshops, appearances and other engagement opportunities
- Represent the organizations at community events, workshops, appearances and other engagement opportunities
- Assist in the development and maintenance of a membership program for the Biosphere
You are a:
- Well-organized, enthusiastic and community-minded individual
- Good listener and strong communicator who builds meaningful connections
- Relationship builder interested in working closely with staff and partner organizations
- Keen understanding of and experience with how each social media channel works and how to optimize content so it is engaging on those channels
- Exceptional organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Public speaking experience
- Excellent time-management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, public relations and group facilitation skills
- Experience organizing and delivering special events
- Familiarity with or experience working in Alberta’s environmental stewardship and conservation community is highly valuable
- Post-secondary education in communications, marketing or related field
Remuneration and Perks
- Hourly rate $25-35/hour depending on experience and demonstrated ability
- Option to engage as a contractor/freelancer or employee
- Work-from-anywhere policy
- Wellness program and professional development support for employees
Submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com on or before April 8, 2022 at 5:00 PM (MST).
We welcome diversity and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. We appreciate your interest in working with us however, only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. Where suitable, our team may reach out to you about other possible opportunities you may be a fit for in the future.