We're looking for an enthusiastic, talented Content Creator to write and publish various content related to the programs and initiatives of Land Stewardship Centre and our partners, the Beaver Hills Biosphere and EcoServices Network.
As Content Creator your responsibilities include generating ideas, researching, writing and/or sourcing content for a variety of e-newsletters, blogs and websites as well as marketing pieces (brochures, postcards), funding proposals, grant applications and various reports.
You will also help promote content to the various audiences of and communities served by Land Stewardship Centre, Beaver Hills Biosphere and EcoServices Network.
The person we are seeking is a good researcher and strong, creative and articulate writer who has experience with digital publishing, and a knack for telling an engaging story.
Ultimately, you will help us reach and engage with our audiences by delivering informative and appealing information about our organizations and our respective programs, projects and initiatives.
This is a part-time position (15-20 hours per week) that may require some local travel (metro-Edmonton region, other locales within Alberta). It is important that you are self-motivated and can meet deadlines while being responsive and connected with the communications lead and other team members using project management and team tools.
- Research and prepare well-structured articles using digital publishing platforms
- Secure photographs to accompany articles where appropriate/when required
- Create marketing copy to promote projects and initiatives
- Interview industry professionals and incorporate their views in articles/blog posts
- Edit and proofread written pieces before publication
- Conduct keyword research and use SEO guidelines to optimize content
- Understand partners’ needs, and identify audiences’ needs and recommend new topics for future content
You are a:
- Self-starter with a passion for writing and communicating
- Digital storyteller who can shape strong narratives and thoughtful pieces
- Community builder interested in working closely with staff and partner organizations
- Proven work experience as a content creator, copywriter or similar role
- Superior grammar, a love for and excellent writing skills in English
- Solid editing and proofreading skills
- Strong research and fact-checking abilities
- Excellent time-management skills
- Portfolio of published articles
- Post-secondary education in communications, marketing, journalism or relevant field
- Experience in and familiarity with Alberta’s environmental stewardship and conservation community is highly valuable
- Experience with content management systems is an asset
Remuneration and Perks
- Hourly rate $25-35/hour depending on experience and demonstrated ability
- Option to engage as a contractor/freelancer or employee
- Work-from-anywhere policy
- Wellness program and professional development support for employees
Submit your resume, cover letter and samples of your written work (portfolio or links to published articles) to email@example.com on or before April 8, 2022 at 5:00 PM (MST).
We welcome diversity and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. We appreciate your interest in working with us however, only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. Where suitable, our team may reach out to you about other possible opportunities you may be a fit for in the future.