An essential member of our team, as Office Administrator you will be responsible for full cycle bookkeeping including:
- Monthly payroll, tracking and reporting
- Processing payments and deposits
- Monitoring and management of bank account and processes to minimize transaction fees
- Monthly reconciliation of all accounts and take action on resolving any discrepancies
- Providing financial reports and allocation reports as required
- Preparing and submitting quarterly GST remittances
- Tracking and submitting corporate annual returns and updates
- Preparing for and coordinating the annual financial review (audit) process with independent accounting personnel
You will provide administrative support to all team members to ensure program milestones and project tasks are on track, within budget and in compliance with funding parameters. This includes monitoring expenditures, providing ad hoc reports and budget analyses as needed that supports reporting and financial planning in alignment with program and project objectives. On occasion, you may be asked to provide logistical support for meetings, workshops, forums and focus group sessions.
In general, you will provide oversight of all accounting policies and procedures including accounts payable and receivable, coding and general financial management. You will assist with budget preparation, tracking and quarterly reporting and will maintain our project, banking and general filing systems.
You will also ensure all office needs are met, including sourcing and managing office supplies and maintenance services.
In this position, you will develop workable routines and procedures with a common sense, organized approach to issues and approach tasks with thought, attention to detail and professionalism.
- Experience with financial operations, grant fund accounting, budgeting and forecasting, reporting and analysis
- Experience in human resources and payroll administration
- Strong administrative, bookkeeping and organizational skills
- Solid working knowledge of Microsoft 365, database and financial management software (Sage50)
- Excellent organizational and records management skills
- A keen eye for detail
- Flexibility to accommodate a varied work-schedule
- Comfortable working in a team environment but can perform your duties independently and without direct supervision
- A problem-solver and can adjust to changing circumstances and effect solutions that align with corporate policies and procedures
- Self-motivated and can meet deadlines while being responsive to and connected with all team members using project management and team tools
- Comfortable with our longstanding ‘work from anywhere’ approach and work-life balance philosophy
Additional details, remuneration and perks
- This is a part-time position (15-20 hours per week), based in the metro-Edmonton (Alberta) region and requires little travel
- Hourly rate $25-35/hour depending on experience and demonstrated ability
- Option to engage as a contractor or employee
- Work-from-anywhere policy
- Wellness program and professional development support for employees
Submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before August 23, 2022 at 5:00 PM (MDT).
We welcome diversity and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. We appreciate your interest in working with us however, only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. Where suitable, our team may reach out to you about other possible opportunities you may be a fit for in the future.